A TokBox account is required if you wish to publish a video feed to users.
You will need to set up a new project within TokBox, and then provide us with the API.
*** Please note that there is a cost involved with using video streaming. See TokBox's pricing page (particularly their Core Features pricing) for details or ask us on email@example.com for more information. ***
How to Create a Project
- Login to https://tokbox.com/account (or create an account)
- Click Create Project
- Choose Standard Project
- Choose your preferred codec from the dropdown menu. The H.264 codec allows you to broadcast to most browsers including Safari, but does not allow for large scale broadcasts so you may notice a lower quality video being received by users. VP8 is the preferred codec for larger scale broadcasts, but is more restricted in terms of browsers i.e. it will not be available to iOS/Mac Safari users. If you would like further information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. When you have chosen the appropriate codec for you, click Create.
- When you have clicked create you will be presented with the following screen. Please copy and past your API key and secret to us on email@example.com.
How to Retrieve your TokBox API
Once you have created your project:
- Go to Projects from the side bar then > select your project from the list
- Copy and paste the API key and secret into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can apply this to your bidlogix account.
Test Your Connection
We recommend that you test your outgoing connection using TokBox's testing facility. Using the computer with the microphone and camera you intend to use for webcasting, click this link and follow the instructions to test your feed: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/.